Thursday, November 8, 2012

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

I think it's time now to pay homage to one of my favorite movies of all time. A film that I could watch over and over again and still not get tired of.

Yeah, I know I've said that before, but this is my blog and I'm feeling sentimental.

Anyway, the film I'm talking about is the film noir tribute entitled Kiss Kiss Bang Bang(2006)

A sordid tale of the more than slightly flustered Harry Lockhart, a small-time crook off the Hollywood for his big break. There he meets Gay Perry, a consultant, and his long lost love Harmony. Together they uncover the murder of a Los Angeles socialite that goes to the highest of the Hollywood elite.

With extraordinarily developed characters and an incredibly intricate plot, not to mention enough great dark humor to shake a stick at, this film is and always will be a permanent part of my video collection.

There. Now that wasn't so bad, was it?

2 comments:

  1. I believe you meant "always and will be a..." in your last paragraph. Ive never seen this movie but im interested in it now. Good post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane Black is considered one of the premiere action screenwriters, responsible for LETHAL WEAPON, THE LAST BOY SCOUT, and THE LONG KISS GOODNIGHT, but also shunned because of his success. I was so jazzed to see him back (and directing) with KISS KISS, and now I'm jazzed about him taking over IRON MAN 3.

    ReplyDelete