Monday, November 26, 2012

Slither

You know, as I perused the videos that I was thinking about renting, I must have passed over this one about 100 times.

This remains a very huge mistake of my youth.

This movie is a fantastic throwback monster movie. A zombie flick with true originality and spiced with just enough humor to make it interesting, it remains one of my favorite zombie movies of all time.

The plot centers around a small town in the south. Invaded by alien worms that need a host body, thus turning the population of a planet into slaves to its will. It's up to this small town's Sheriff and a few of the citizens to save the world from this worm creature.

Grotesque realism and delicious gore galore, this movie is a must-see for comedy and horror fans alike.

One piece of advice: Don't watch it while eating anything. This is a grave mistake you will not soon forget.

1 comment:

  1. One of my podcast buddies loves this film (as do I) but we cant get the third member of our trinity to watch it. He has zero interest, and seems to think that our love of the film comes from the colossal man crush we have on Nathan Fillion. (And to be honest, he's not totally wrong there.) Any thoughts on how to change his mind?

    ReplyDelete